28 April 2012

Life goes on

Happy Saturday! I think it's safe to say that I won't be finishing all 30 of the HAWMC prompts, considering how far behind I am and that this weekend is not particularly conducive to catching up. I've learned an important lesson though: taking on a 30 day challenge is not necessarily the most realistic goal when you're going to be traveling. Haha.

Anyways, just an update on bebe and me. I'm 21 weeks and change and am having a baby boy. At my doctor's appointment this week, everything looked good on the ultrasound measurements. I'll also be participating in a research study to see whether taking probiotics during pregnancy helps decrease the occurrences of Group B Strep later on in pregnancy. I'm excited to be a part of this study, it could have some very awesome implications for women and babies down the road. Now if only I got paid for it... :D

I am now the proud mom of a 3 year old and a 1 year old. Let me tell you, the Terrible Two's are a myth. It starts while they're one and it just gets far worse at three. There are definitely days (like today) when all I want to do is pull my hair out, scream, and refuse to do anything but hide in bed and eat chocolate. Sadly, real life is not conducive to this dream and apparently, it's not really considered a healthy diet (especially during pregnancy). Sigh.

I have lots to say but can't really put it into words. I'm sick, my husband is on duty for 24 hours (thank you Army), and my daughters have decided that when mommy is by herself with them and dealing with a tummy bug is the perfect day to have lots of REALLY stinky and gross diapers. Oh, and take them off during nap time or overnight... I got a couple of lovely surprises this morning. Even the one year old threw her diaper over the edge of the crib!!! See why I feel snrflebltz? (That's my own word, by the way, feel free to steal it).

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Smoking during pregnancy is also one of the bad habits which are adopted by pregnant women. According to one of the research, if smoking is avoided during the first three months of the pregnancy then all learning and behavioral patterns disorders can be avoided. The reason is that during that time period brain and spinal cord are in the development process.

    ReplyDelete