01 April 2012

HAWMC Day 1: Health Time Capsule


Happy April! April is a month that I usually look forwards to wit great anticipation for many reasons, and this year is no exception. For 2012, April means Easter, both of my daughters' birthdays, a visit to see family and friends (in the middle of that one), seeing my husband and pets again after a month away, and (hopefully) finding out via ultrasound whether I'm on Team Pink or Team Blue (hopefully as in we have an appointment scheduled but it's always dependent on the baby's level of cooperation). This year, I've also been looking forwards to the wegohealth.com Health Activists Writer's Month Challenge: 30 days of Health Activists writing blog posts based off of prompts provided each day. It's sort of like NaNoWriMo for bloggers except that it seems (for me anyways) more manageable because it's just "Write something each day" instead of "Put out this crazy amount of words in one month". Anyways, this year is my first time participating and I'm hopeful that I can actually do all 30 days, so it's been something else that has had me excited for the month of April. So without further ado, Happy HAWMC, and may the blogs be EVER in your favor.

HAWMC Day 1Health Time Capsule. Pretend you’re making a time capsule of you & your health focus that won’t be opened until 2112. What’s in it? What would people think of it when they found it?

The first thing at the very top of the time capsule would be a letter, explaining who I am, what I've been through, and giving an overview of PostPartum Mood Disorders.
After that, there's no particular order but the contents would include
My blog, which I think is almost a time capsule in and of itself.
Twitter print-outs of threads and tweets pertinent to PPD, as well as something about #PPDChat and how big a help it has been to me and to many others.
Printouts of blog posts from PostPartum Progress, including the various "Plain Mama English" lists of symptoms of PostPartum Mood Disorders.
A copy of Marie Osmond's book "Behind the Smile: My Journey out of PostPartum Depression"
Empty bottles of the various medications I've been on: Celexa, Lexapro, Ativan, Ambien, and Zoloft.
A brochure for Laurel Ridge, the mental hospital I was admitted to in 2009.
The scriptures, hymnal, and journal I kept and wrote in while I was dealing with my PPD.
Pictures of my family.

Hopefully, the time capsule would suck less than this blog post does. :D

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment