29 January 2013

You know you're a mom when...


Today, I'm participating in my first blog link-up, courtesy of Andrea over at Good Girl Gone Redneck (Heeeeey girl!!!).


Motherhood is hard. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.
We all have those AHA! moments throughout when we're saying, holy cow, we really ARE a mom. Or whoa, did I just SAY that to my kid? I'm turning into my own mom!
Whether it's the stereotypical "Because I said so!" response to our little ones (and who among us has NEVER EVER used that? - Really? Surely you jest!) or the random, "Please stop chasing the dog," Motherhood has us saying and doing the strangest things.
Will you join me today and share some of yours?

Oh man. Heh. I positively chortled when I read that.

You know you're a mom when...

  • You don't think twice about saying things like
    • Get your foot out of your sister's mouth. 
    • Don't shut your sister in the fridge. 
    • Get out of the litter box! 
    • Don't color on your brother/sister.
    • Let your sister out of the box.
    • I'm very sorry you bit your tongue but I'm not going to kiss it and make it better.
    • No, I draw the line at including "thank you for sister pooping in the tub" in bedtime prayers.
    • Diapers don't go in the litterbox.
    • Stop trying to chew on the cat's tail.
    • Nail polish doesn't belong in your hair.
    • Don't put the kitty's head in your mouth!!!
  • Conversations like this are perfectly normal in your household.
"Get off the dog. She is not a horse."  "No Mommy, she's not a horse, she's a zebra!".
  • You find yourself swaying as though to soothe a baby, despite no baby being within eyesight.
  • You can recite the entirety of Llama Llama Red Pajama by heart.
  • You're a pro at hiding your laughter during bedtime prayers that include elements such as "Bless shark, and bless shark's dinner" and  "In name of Cheetos Christ, Amen".
  • You agree with the saying "Silence is golden, unless you have a toddler, in which case it's terrifying".
  • You can push a stroller while carrying two kids and a diaper bag AND holding a third kid's hand... all at the same time.
  • You laugh at the Terrible Two's because you know the Terrifying Three's are SO MUCH WORSE.
There's so much more. The conversations I have with my kids...


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I could not love this more. It's so much perfection and hilarity all at once. :>

    Thank you so much for sharing, linking up and posting and all that jazz!!!

    HUGE HUGS to surviving motherhood to us all, right? Whew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a scratch on the surface. I have had the MOST hysterical conversations with my kids. I wish I could find where they're written down.

      Delete
  2. Darling, that's why we gave you that little brown journal for your diaper bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but that only helps for things they say now. I haven't figured out how to get it to retroactively fill itself out. :D

      Delete
  3. Visiting from Andrea's link-up. How funny but I also have "get off the dog, she is not a horse!" on my list. Very brave to share your story of PPD and providing support and hope to others. Glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha! Oh, yes! I loved the "Let your sister out of the box" SO funny. (and I know all of Llama Llama Red Pajama myself!! Great post! Found you from Andrea's link up Moments of Motherhood and so glad I did! :)

    ReplyDelete